1. Not Edible - Lumabones (all Lumabones - including the dental chew variety) are NOT EDIBLE and are NOT TO BE EATEN.
2. For Dogs Only - Lumabones are for use only by adult dogs.
3. Not for All Dogs – On each Lumabone label, we provide guidelines to help you choose a toy for your dog. Our guidelines are for rough reference only. Lumabones are not suitable for all dogs. Lumabones are not a perfect fit for all chewers. Lumabones are not suitable for dogs that weigh more than our recommended guidelines or for dogs that are strong or aggressive chewers. While very durable, Lumabones are also not a fit for chewers who could damage the product or damage their teeth. Always choose the largest product your dog can handle, even if you have a dog rated for a smaller size. Heavy chewers are encouraged to use the JUMBO sized product as it is the strongest, thickest product. Not all dogs have the teeth to withstand aggressive chewing of hard substances such as nylon. Use judgment in evaluating the strength of your dog’s chewing and the condition of your dog’s teeth. Lumabones are not appropriate for puppies, and are only for dogs with a full set of adult teeth. Lumabones are also not appropriate for older dogs that may have compromised tooth strength.
4. Supervision Required - A dog’s use of Lumabone products should be supervised at all times. A Lumabone should not be within a dog’s reach if the owner is unable to supervise chewing.
5. Replace Frequently - Watch for wear and replace Lumabones frequently to ensure that the product remains whole and intact at all times. Though a rough guide only, Lumabones should be discarded if a piece larger than a grain of rice has broken off or may break off. Regardless of wear, replace Lumabones at least once per month. The amount of time it can take a given dog to wear down the product to an unsafe level varies. If your dog has worn down the product very quickly (a matter of hours or a few days), please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund and avoid nylon chew toys in general. As a general rule, if the product has lost more than one cubic centimeter of volume (the size of a sugar cube) it is time to replace the product. Monitoring and replacement are essential to your dog’s safety.
6. Reduce the Risk of Tooth and/or Gum Injury - Lumabones are made of nylon, which is a hard substance. Aggressive chewing can cause chips or cracks in teeth and possibly result in tooth loss/removal. After aggressive chewing, the product can become bristled and sharp. The product in this condition can cause gum irritation, even bleeding. Also, the product could cause abrasion or injury to another part of a dog’s or human’s body. Monitor the condition of the Lumabone closely to watch for bristles or sharp edges. The product can be smoothed with a wood file or heavy grit sandpaper. If this condition causes a problem for you or your dog, email email@example.com for a refund and avoid nylon chew toys in general.
7. Allergy Warning – Lumabones are made of nylon and are made in facilities that process peanuts, tree nuts, chicken, pork and beef. In addition, as a result, Lumabones may contain trace amounts of peanuts, tree nuts, chicken, pork and/or beef ingredients. Therefore, Lumabones should not be purchased for use in households where a human or pet may have an allergy to nylon, peanuts, tree nuts, chicken, pork and/or beef.
8. Keep In a Safe Place - Lumabone is a hard toy and can cause injury when stepped on. Keep this product in a safe place to avoid the risk of damage to one’s foot, or a slip or fall. Do not leave a Lumabone on hard floors as it can cause slips and falls, particularly in the dark. Keep in a safe location.
For all questions or comments please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
207 Meadow Road | Edison, NJ 08817